Weekends for us are all about the simple pleasures and taking things a little slower than usual. Food is a big part of that in our house. Sunday Brunch and the papers is a ritual we love. Sometimes it can creep later into the day but the idea remains the same. Taking time to chill out and enjoy a little of what we like.
Here's what we had last Sunday. It was quick, easy and so so delicious. If you are looking to impress someone special without breaking a sweat give it a go.
For 2 people you will need:
- 4 poached eggs
- 4 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove minced
- tbsp chopped chives
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 tsp chilly flakes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 50g unsalted butter
- Mix the yogurt, garlic, 3/4s of the chives (leave 1/4 to sprinkle on top), salt and pepper in a bowl and divide out onto two plates.
- Poach the eggs and set aside on a plate with some kitchen paper.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan with the chilli and paprika. Allow to bubble for a couple of seconds.
- To assemble, place two poached eggs on top of the herb yogurt, spoon over the chilli butter and sprinkle the remaining chives.
- Toasted sourdough and a cup of coffee
Best served in bed with the papers and an eye mask on the side - should a nap tickle your fancy.