SUNDAY BRUNCH - SMOKED SALMON ROSTI WITH POACHED EGG + BEURRE BLANC
Brunch served with a fresh new pyjama set is the ultimate indulgence for the queen of comfort!
Looking for a delicious brunch recipe that's perfect for Mother's Day? Well, keep those pyjamas on and get ready to whip up a dish that will have your taste buds dancing in delight! Grab your ingredients and prepare to dazzle!
Smoked Salmon Rosti's with Poached Eggs and Beurre Blanc
You will need
For the Rostis:
800g Rooster Potatoes
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
2 tsp Cumin Seeds
2 tsp Coriander Seeds
1 tsp Fennel Seeds
3 tsp Ground Turmeric
1 Egg for the Rosti
200g Smoked Salmon Chopped
Olive Oil for Frying
2 eggs Per Person for Poaching
Splash of Vinegar
Mixed leaves to Serve
Beurre Blanc Sauce:
2 tbs Olive Oil
1 Shallots Finely Chopped
60ml White Wine
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 tbsp Caster Sugar
100ml Single Cream
150g Chilled Unsalted Butter, Chopped into Cubes
- Preheat the oven to 100°C and grease a baking tray for keeping the rosit’s hot .
- Grate the potatoes and place in a bowl of cold water to get rid of some of the starch. Drain the water off with a sieve and repeat again. Squeeze out the excess water in the sieve and then place the grated potato into tea towel and wring out the remaining excess water.
- Transfer the potato into a bowl, add the lemon and stir.
- Toast the cumin, coriander and fennel seeds on a dry pan. Transfer into a pestle and mortar and grind to a powder.
- Add all the spices, cornflour and one beaten egg to the potato mixture and toss until combined. Then mix in the smoked salmon.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Then in batches, spoon the potato mixture into the pan making circular rosti’s pressing them into shape using a spatula. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side until golden.
- Transfer the first batch of rosti’s onto the baking tray and place in oven to keep warm while you make the rest.
- For the beurre blanc sauce, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium to low heat. Add the shallots and cook for about 10 minutes until softened but not coloured.
-Then add the wine, lemon juice and sugar. Increase the heat and bring to a simmer. Cook for 3 minutes or until reduced by half. Add cream and cook again until reduced by half.
- Now remove from the heat and gradually whisk in butter, 1 piece at a time. Allow for each piece to melt before adding the next. When all the butter is added the sauce will thicken. Keep warm.
- Poach the eggs in batches in boiling water with a splash of vinegar.
Place the mixed green leaves around the plate. Stack 2-3 rosti’s on each plate and top with 2 poached eggs. Then drizzle all over with the beurre blanc sauce.
Look at you fancy schmancy!