At home brunch is one of our favourite ways to slow down Sunday mornings. If you fancy joining us and going all in for a leisurely morning of food, check out this yummy fritters recipe. To go veggie, just drop the chorizo.
You will need:
- 50g plain flour
- 25g corn flour
- 90ml milk
- 1 clove garlic minced
- tsp ginger puree
- 150g corn
- 20g spring onions
- Zest of one lemon
- 100g chorizo diced
- 3 eggs person
- 1 Avocado
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Splash of hot sauce
- Bunch chopped coriander
- Drizzle of olive oil to serve
How to make:
- Dice the avocado and mix with the lime juice, hot sauce and chopped coriander. Leave a little coriander to one side for assembling.
- Fry off the chorizo in some olive oil. Drain and leave the oil to one side for frying the egg.
- Mix the plain flour and corn flour with the milk to make a batter.
- Add the garlic, ginger, corn, spring onions, zest and chorizo and mix.
- Fry the eggs in the chorizo oil and leave to one side.
- Spoon the fritter mix onto the hot oiled pan and cook on both sides