SUNDAY BRUNCH - BADASS VEGAN BURRITO WITH CASHEW DRESSING
These little packages of yummy magic are jam-packed with veggies, crispy roast potatoes and creamy avocado topped with a cashew dressing. They have just the right amount of crunch and gooeyness all wrapped up in a tortilla. If you are taking them back to bed, a napkin tucked into your pyjama collar is highly recommended.
You will need:
For the Potatoes:
- 5 medium potatoes cut into small cubes
- tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- salt + pepper
For the Cashew Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter
- juice of 1/2 lime
- slash of hot sauce (to taste)
- pinch of onion salt
- water to thin (sauce to drizzle)
- 4 tortillas
- roasted potatoes (as above)
- 2 shallots sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 10 small vine tomatoes (quartered)
- 150g sliced mushrooms
- handful shredded red cabbage
- handful grated carrot
- tin of kidney beans drained
- 1 avocado sliced
How to make:
- mix all ingredients together. Spread on a baking tray and roast at 200 C for 30minutes until golden and crispy (leave a little longer if needed)
- mix all ingredients together. Add water and whisk until smooth and drizzle consistency.
- fry onions and mushrooms in olive oil for 5 minutes. Then add garlic, tomatoes and spices and cook for a minute. Add beans and cook for another minute to heat them through.
- to load the tortillas: place 2 spoons of the veggie mixture in the centre of each tortilla. Followed by roast potatoes, shredded red cabbage, carrots, sliced avacado and drizzle with the cashew sauce.
- wrap up the tortillas and toast on either side on a dry pan.
slice, serve and enjoy